Thursday, March 10, 2011

4 weeks to 10 years

this week's entry is a poem mason wrote me on valentine's day 5 years ago...enjoy.

entry #7 February 14, 2006

Sometimes when I
doubt, I feel the strength you give
Suddenly I feel the power that I need to live
A thousand days of happiness, one word from you me gives
I care nothing for a life outside of the one we share and live
For you are worth more to me than centuries of wealth
Without your daily guidance I could not find myself
I love to hear you whisper and I love to hear you sing
I love to feel your kisses and the warmth they always bring
You are the passion of my life that makes me want to see
If I can really work hard enough to spend eternity with thee
I love you, just seems not enough to describe how I feel
But, I will try every day to show my love is real
A moment without you, for me is wasted time
And I would pay any price to join all yours with mine
So think of me in kindness and think of me in love
As I think of thee in gratitude for our lasting love


this one really did warm my heart:)

1 comment:

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

When I read these poems I just keep thinking... how could two brothers be so different! :) Don't think Shawn had done much letter/card/poem writing to me! I love reading these... your side comments crack me up! :)