Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 weeks to 10 years

here's another letter mason wrote. this time however, he wrote it in french...now, i'm not going to attempt to write it out in french and he wrote himself, that it was bad because he was still "green" on his mission and had to use a dictionary for most of it anyway. so, for your convenience, it'll be in english. enjoy!

entry #9 February 8, 1996

Bonjour Melina,

I'm well and I hope that you are well too. (always so concerned about me:)
I received your letter-it was very nice. Please excuse my mistakes. I'm having to use a dictionary for this letter.(see, proof he doesn't know everything!:)
I got your letter telling me about MTC & you're right, the food there is bad!(i guess we CAN agree on something)
I'm in Brive. It's very pretty here.
I love you(he just can't seem to stop saying that!) I hope you do good work and walk in the Lord's path. Bon Chance!I love you.(again, he keeps telling me that)
Love,
Mason


i have to admit, i thought it was quite-dare i say-romantic, that he wrote me in french...the language of love:)

1 comment:

bethy said...

Pretty neat-o! It's so nice you kept all of these. I beg to differ on the MTC food though, I loved it. Especially the biscuits and gravy.