Thursday, March 17, 2011

3 weeks to 10 years

this week's entry is a letter, post mission, and you'll see(as i did)just how much growing mason has done since returning home from his mission...happy reading!

entry #8 January 11, 1999

Dear Nina(hold up-he NEVER calls me Nina...only family-what's he getting at here?)
I said I'd write you a letter and you said you'd write back so here's your chance. If you don't write back, I'll have to start praying for your destruction again.(ok, again? really? what's up with that already?!)
It's funny how you never really understand how blessed you really are til you have to be away from family and friends.(i agree)
For me, this Christmas was special because I finally realized some important things in my life. (uh huh, keep going)
I got to show the people I really care about that I love them. Christmas sure is the miracle we make it. (yes! it certainly is:)
I wanted to thank you again for asking me to teach primary.(i was prim.president then)I'm sure you didn't realize it but it was a great blessing. It helped remind me of some basic beauties of the gospel I had forgotten and how cool it is to be around little children and teaching them about Christ.(i heart primary:)
You may be wondering why I'm writing all this stuff.(yes, you are correct)It's because I really don't have anyone here to tell it and me & Mese don't write so you're the lucky winner.(yay for me:)
Also because I hope me and you can become closer friends...of course if you don't want that, just draw me a picture of a gun and send it to me and I'll get the picture.(always the jokester, that mason:)
Oh, by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and when I'm home in April, I'll bake you a cake if you want.(mason's baked me several birthday cakes-even before we ever started dating...he's relentless i tell you:)
Love,
Mason


mason, mason, mason...i'm starting to think (and maybe believe) that i did love you before i knew i loved you...

4 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

I'm loving all these letters and poems. I think it's great that you have them. Can't wait to read more!

J'lene Fernandez Merrill said...

Have I told you how much I enjoy reading these! I'm sooo glad you two ended up with each other. It was meant to be!

Lynn said...

Well, if your 10 years is coming up, then our must be also. Someone better warn Ben now.

Gloua said...

I love these so much!!!