Monday, February 7, 2011

8 weeks to 10 years

it has been fun(mostly)reading these "love" letters from mason and maybe, just maybe, i did love him all along??? oh well, only time will tell. in the mean time, here's another one for you.

entry #3 dated May 3, 1996

Dear Melina,
Hey cutie pie. How's it
going? Me, I'm doing pretty good but of course I am because I know everything. It's hard to be perfect but I do it so well.(did i mention how modest he is?)
Thanks for the letter. You should write your missionaries every week though! (i never said he was my missionary!)
Anyway, you are really going for the mission-that's awesome. I don't know if you will be able to not see me for that amount of time but hey, you can always dream about me! (now, HE must be the one who's dreaming!)
I hope everything goes well. I hope you know how much I love you. Really I do...(he does have a soft side:)
I know you can be a great missionary or anything you want, you have a wonderful spirit that is why I love you so much. (he CAN be sweet:)
Do well, prepare fast and eat a burrito for me!(no burritos in france for this cali guy)
Love,
Mason


hmmm...perhaps i did love him all along after all...

3 comments:

J'lene Fernandez Merrill said...

Melina I look forward to reading these every week now. They are hilarious to read along with your comments. :) I'm glad you kept them. It will make good reading for your children later in life.

bethy said...

That's awesome that you kept those letters. I still remember the first time you said "What do you think about me dating Mason?". I was totally shocked! I've always thought he was a great person but NEVER thought I would hear you say those words. I'm so glad you're together. Two of my most favoritest people. :)

johanna said...

I cannot believe he professed his Love for you before you were even giving him the time of day! I love the letters and hope you continue to post them. You are a lucky woman to have such a great husband!