Friday, January 29, 2010

so not good

i was boiling potatoes & eggs for potatoe salad-had tri-tip in crock pot-and started mixing batter for blueberry sour cream poundcake, when i realized it was past time to pick-up mese & sila from school...shoot! i grabbed the girls who had been napping(yeah, not fun) and rushed into garage, into van. unfortunately in my haste, i thought i had cleared the garage door...but i didn't. yes-i hit the garage door...with my van! i got out to see the damage and it looked pretty bad. i called mason at work who, at that moment, was experiencing a mild crisis that he needed to handle just then. well, i convinced him that mine was worse-and i couldn't get the van out to pick up the kids! so, i called carrie to get kids from school while i waited for mason to get home and assess the damage. meanwhile, i texted shawn and he came to my rescue-thankfully. he managed to fix the garage door! it closes and he even put the rail thing at the bottom back on. oh my it could've been so so bad. thanks to shawn for helping!!!

p.s. i will not back out of garage til the garage door is completely open. i will not back out of garage til the garage door is completely open. i will not back out of garage til the garage door is completely open. i will not back out of garage...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Bless your heart Melina...thanks for sharing this, I have done similar things and it makes me glad I'm not the only one...I've backed into my own garbage cans twice now and taken out my back tail lights both times. This week I got my car stuck in mud right in the lot next door and it took 20 minutes for Andy and I to dig it out with shovels...I can think of three more instances. Now Andy just shakes his head and says nothing, I am way lucky--it is not in his nature to yell, ever, and I am most grateful. I'm so glad it was pretty easy to fix, how sweet of Shawn to come and help you. I also loved the end of your post, too funny!

Sam, Melissa, and Kayla said...

What a bummer at least everything got fixed...

{Erica} said...

glad it all worked out.

p.s. I've almost backed into the garage door more than once :)

johanna said...

My mom has done that too! It must be a mom thing. We can't help that we are constantly on the go. How are we supposed to do it all!

KC and DL said...

this post made me hungry! You are lucky to have family so close to help you out. that must be a good feeling. I'm glad it is okay now!