Thursday, January 28, 2010

50 min. time-out

yep. that's right...50 mins. that's how long i sat,last night in my van, parked in my garage(engine off, of course) while i sent my daughters in for bed. they got themselves ready with pj's on and reluctantly got into their beds while i waited(only a few mins.)for mason to get home with mese from basketball practice to make sure girls were not getting out of their room.oh-you'd think the world was coming to an end!
sila:what? we're not reading scriptures?
nani: what about prayers?
sila: we didn't even get a drink of water dad!
nani: i need some water dad!
poor mason. i'd had it at that point and told him i wasn't coming out of the van until the girls were done crying and whining. so it took them 50 mins. but they did it. they stopped-thank everything!
and yes, we did read scriptures and say prayers. and i was so merciful, i even gave them a drink of water. today's going to be better...i know it.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I lock myself in my room for my time outs. If I had a garage I might lock myself in our van too!! If Ron comes home and finds me in the bedroom, he knows things are bad :-) :-)

jen said...

thank you, it's so nice to know i'm not alone! i'm glad you stood your ground.

{Erica} said...

why didn't I think about going into the car? With a book of course...

next time...cause let's be honest...there will be a next time...

johanna said...

I'm definitely going to try that next time! However, Kenny will probably just send the kids out to the garage.