Tuesday, January 19, 2010

dixie

today is my mother in law's birthday. there are just way too many good and wonderful things i can say about this woman, but i'll just mention a few.
soon after i had my son mese, my mom left for samoa(so much more drama that goes with that, but it's a whole other story). i had no idea what to do and how to be a good mother.i didn't know what to expect. but dixie was right there, helping me, guiding me, and helped me to see that yes, i was going to make it.
i've never seen our kids so anxious(you'd think they were going to disneyland) as they are when grandma's coming to visit or when we're going to grandma's. my kids LOVE their grandma dixie. in fact, mese wrote a story about how his most favorite place is grandma's:)
and of course, i am married to the most wonderful man i know. although i love my father in law and think he's pretty neat, i can't help but think that my husband is the man he is,largely because of his mother.
so,today i'm especially grateful for dixie. thanks for taking such good care of us and always making me feel loved and welcomed. happy happy birthday, we love you lots!!!

3 comments:

bethy said...

Sister Patterson is so amazing, I love her. So many talents and so sweet. What a great mom and grandma! All of the Pattersons I know are great.

KC and DL said...

Grandma's rock! Sounds like your kids have a good one!!

Jenna said...

Well said Melina! Dixie and Randy have helped us so much as we've settled in here, we are so grateful for their kindness, it has made all the difference for us. Loved the tribute you paid to her on her bday!