Thursday, June 18, 2009

thanksgiving in june?

i was exercising monday morning with several of the moms in our ward and as i was doing my lunges, i had a VERY random thought: a thanksgiving dinner would be nice right now! after my exercise session, a few of us were talking, including amber westbrook. she mentioned how she had a 20lb. turkey at home that she NEEDED to cook that night. of course i shared my random, yet very important thought with her and the rest is history. our family went over to westbrooks to enjoy a most delicious thanksgiving meal complete with homemade rolls, mashed potatoes & gravy, vegetables, sweet potatoes, and of course, the turkey. it was soooooo generous of amber to invite us over and i must say-turkey in june is not a bad idea. thanks to amber & ryan for making a hungry girl's wish come true.

4 comments:

jen said...

yum. that makes me hungry too!

Erin said...

Ummm...sounds good right now. My favorite are the left overs. Great idea.

{Erica} said...

LUCKY!

Lynn said...

What a fun (and yummy) idea! So did your sectional arrive before trash day - and if not, did you really say goodby to the others?

I made the unfortunate mistake of sitting on the "Lounge" sofa at Crate and Barrel. I don't recommend this unless you have $3000 to drop on a couch. Otherwise you'll be disappointed ith every other couch you sit on.