Wednesday, June 24, 2009

maidenform madness

i've been in search for a good sports bra ever since i started courtney's fitness class. so i was determined to find one yesterday. off i went with my 4 kids to the outlet stores in cabazon. we hit addidas, then reebok, then puma and finally ended up in maidenform. i found a bra that i could potentially buy but of course, i had to try it on. so there i was with my 4 children and i needed to try on this sports bra. the sales lady was so kind and gave us the biggest fitting room they had and in we went-and yes, mese went in too. i had the baby in the carrier and the other 3 children i had standing in the corners, with their eyes closed. i had to move fast. while i was doing this i kept thinking"is this worth it?" and in the end, it was. the bra fit wonderfully. i got it for way less then i expected and my kids did just fine in the store/fitting room. and no-i don't think i've scarred them for life:) although i was pretty sure mason would think so.

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

you gotta do what you gotta do :)

The Expatts said...

haha i need to go do that, but luckily with only one instead of four-- you are a trooper!

ME ;) said...

Your brave!! It aches my bones to THINK of trying to go shopping by myself with my cheerleading squad!! Ha ha ha

Adriann said...

You're brave. Just THINKING about taking 4 kids shopping by myself gives me a headache.

Oh, I just read the above comment. I guess we think alike!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

still need to go... maybe today!

Ben said...

that's funny. maybe you should have bought more than one to stock up...although i find that sports bras tend to last quite some time.

Barb's blessings said...

I remember the K-Mart and Target years. There were a few years where the only place I could shop was somewhere that I could put them both in a shopping cart. It's a little cruel but I will share a trick I used. Some stores have these chimes in the background that let security or management know to go to a certain department. Everytime the chimes would sound I would tell my kids that they meant that there were bad children in the store and the security guards were coming to get them. It straightened up their behavior in a heart beat but they still tell me how much it traumatized them Makes me laugh every time. These will be memories and I'm glad you are recording them -- and sharing them. Thanks1