Sunday, October 5, 2008

still kicking

here's a recap of what's happened this last week-
monday-put our first offer on a house(quite exciting)
tuesday-threw my back out, spent most of the day on my bedroom floor(not fun). shawn & darcy brought a delicious dinner over-thanks guys! and nia, carrie and mason were so helpful in watching the kids and helping me-thanks to all of you.
wednesday-still recovering from back injury. cop showed up at my door to inform me that they just arrested a man for burglary and he had mason's credit card statement in his wallet! we sure lucked out-what a blessing that they caught the thief. johanna took the girls for the morning while i rested-thank you johanna-it sure is a blessing to have family & friends who take such good care of you!
thursday-still recovering and getting much better. ala & jeanette brought a wonderful meal over-thanks guys! and later that night we took peaches over to mese's and he concocted a divine peach pie-so good! thanks again for helping to ease my back pain even if for a moment:)
friday-johanna's 21st birthday! kenny, however did you get so lucky?!
saturday-stagecoach days parade(nice, but weather was cold), looked at another house, had delicious apples from herschel's farm, and enjoyed the evening with darcy, ashley, and our children. we topped it off with mason's outrageous beef stew-thanks honey.
sunday-listened to conference-way good. had a feast at my dad's during halftime(i guess it would be more like breaktime) then returned home to listen/nap to the rest of conference-also way good.
i know, it's a long post, but a lot happened and i didn't want to miss a thing-thanks again to all who helped me and our family this week as i recovered from my back injury. we love you.

p.s. the rumors are true...i'm 10 weeks pregnant and the baby's due may 4th-yeah for spring babies!

9 comments:

ME ;) said...

Congrats!! My sisters told me a while ago... I was just waiting for YOU to say something! Haha. LOVE you guys!!

Anna and Bryce said...

congrats nina...i'm so happy for you. we are finally back in utah by the way and aren't sure when our next road trip will be but whenever it is- it will be to california.. so we'll see you then. love you nina.

jen said...

it was nice to read and catch up on you guys, and nice to hear that people helped take care of you. they're nothing worse than feeling helpless. and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy, hope all goes well!!!

johanna said...

Thanks again for making a fabulous cake for my birthday!!!! I love you guys. I'm glad your back is starting to feel a little bit better. Call me if you need anything.

bethy said...

Back pain is the worst! T'm glad that you have lots of great support. Congrats on the house offer, the new baby, and catching that theif! You guys are awesome!

Jayme said...

Congrats!!! Sorry to hear about your back.....thoes always hurt. You can buy a house on my street :)Thanks for the yummy bread.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

glad you're feeling better!!! want more peaches?

xóchitl said...

how in the heck did you throw out your back? but more importantly, congrats on the newbie! how exciting.
i'm sad we missed stagecoach days. i have so many great memories. my kids have never gone. we've always lived so far away. shame.

Fong said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your back but I'm sure Mason and the kids are taking good care of you!