Tuesday, April 20, 2010

excuse me!?!

yesterday the kids were discussing mother's day gifts they'd like to give me this year. they started talking about how much money they each had. mese received a 2 dollar bill from his birthday buddy ge(johanna's mom)for his birthday last year and has been saving it.

mese: mom, i have $2 remember? from ge!
me: oh yes, that's right.
mese: yeah, but i'm going to save it for a long time.
me: that's good.
mese: yeah, i'm going to save it til i'm 31.
me: oh? why 31? what's so special about 31?
mese: i'll probably be dead at that time(it's soooooooo old)
me: what!?! you think 31 is old?
mese: oh yeah! i'll probably need a walker then cause my back will be hurting so bad too.

boy, he must think mason and i are dinosaurs! or maybe cats...we must have 9 lives cause we're still alive and well past the ripe old age of 31!

2 comments:

bethy said...

I know what Mese means. We went to our stake prom last week and my back started hurting right away.
i couldn't wait to come home and lay down. I'm so glad that I don't have chronic pain. I'm a BIG wuss.

johanna said...

My mom, aka GE, will love that Mese has held on to his $2.00. Hopefully there will be more to come! Mese is such an awesome kid. Glad I'm not 31 yet!