Thursday, July 9, 2009

treasures club

today sila officially joined the treasures club;otherwise known as the "things you shouldn't find at the park" club. it's founder: erica's cute daughter ella. she was fortunate enough to find a "treasure" at the park a little while ago...what was it called? oh yes, it was a contraceptive of some sort. and today sila was playing with a "treasure"- a used pregnancy test. i wanted to bleach her but opted to smother hand sanitizer all over her hands til we got home then scrubbed her down with soap & water. and here is where i'd like to thank those wonderful citizens of the community who leave their "treasures" at the park for our children to find. thank you...for making me sick. at least find a trash can will you. i can do without my kids finding those "treasures". from here on out, it's strictly treasures from the earth for my kids, thank you very much!

8 comments:

KC and DL said...

Ewww! That is one club I don't want my kids to join. So was the test positive? Maybe the other treasure didn't work...

Lynn said...

Haha - Dana Lee's comment was funny. I can see why one item could have been in the park maybe- but who takes a pregnancy test there? Anyhow, sorry about that. And I thought when Avery finds random clips and jewelry and then wear them was gross...oh wait it is...

Ps - My kids get mad when I go to comment on your page and the music stops. They love your playlist :)

Pattersons said...

we went back to the same park today and the "treasure" was still there because one of the little boys picked it up...so i threw it in the trashcan-of course i looked to see the results: negative. so i guess the answer to your question dana lee is, yes, the other treasure did work:)

Anna and Bryce said...

that is so freakin sick... yuck!- but honestly couldnt stop laughing... treasures club??? hah ha ha ha ha- miss you guys... had a ton of fun with you all when we came to visit- cant wait for the wedding to get my groove on....and my grub on... and for nia too i guess. ha ha ha

The Expatts said...

Hoping I never have any kids in that "club"-- I can only imagine what scouring tool I would have pulled out!

{Erica} said...

welcome to the club :)

{Erica} said...

p.s. of course the test of negative...ella's treasure had done its job...I can verify that if you know what I mean...

bethy said...

YUCK! Poor Sila!

My little Nina found a treasure at my 6 week ob check up. She opened a cabinet and found the instrument they use for pap smears and started handling it. I wanted to throw up. Does that make her a member of the club?

-Note to self: cancel the appointment if you can't find a babysitter.

P.S. We hope Mese had a fabulous birthday!