Wednesday, April 1, 2009

when will it end?

i don't know how many more times i can take strangers telling me what a cute little boy i have! yes, they're talking about my nani girl. i mean, i know she has very little hair but come on-when she's wearing green polka dots with bows and dora shoes, can you really mistake her for a boy, or are they just not paying attention? or maybe it's because i'm a mother, i take the time to examine all details: color of clothing, blankets, shoes, socks, etc., BEFORE i open my mouth and determine the gender-and if i'm not sure, i just ask. that's ok to do also. maybe this next baby will have tons of hair...but then i'll dress her in pink and ribbons from head to toe and some non-attentive stranger will probably still tell me what a cute little guy i have.

8 comments:

Jayme said...

Silly people. People used to think Daisy was a boy too. My mom in law told us that people used to think Tommy was a girl, even when he would be in boy swim trunks at the beach.

jen said...

Awh, that must be so annoying! Some people are blind and should pay more attention before they open their mouth. Sorry you have to deal with those idiots!

{Erica} said...

Silly silly people! I don't think it matters if they are wearing pink and their sking dyed pink...there will always be some people who will do that grand faux pas!

My girls have TONS of hair and we've gotten that comment more than a few times.

The Expatts said...

Wow, I would never think Nani looks like a boy! She is such a cute GIRL... those people must be blind! Or just the same ones that asked you "Habla Ingles?" :)

Holly S. said...

People don't think before they say anything, they got all mine wrong even when it was obvious what sex they were. I think they call them what ever they are most use too. So all babies are the same to them, all boys or all girls.

Adriann said...

People still call Ivy a boy too, and I put bows and flowers in her hair EVERY DAY. Usually its older people that are either too senile to realize or to blind to see. That's what I tell myself anyway ...

johanna said...

She looks all girl to me!

xóchitl said...

i hear you. my santi just had a big, white, bald head. it never mattered the color she wore. thank goodness she finally grew hair.
and by the way, that happened to me too. apparently my mom sticking bows to my head with corn syrup still didn't set people straight.