Tuesday, August 12, 2008

hooowaii (according to nani)

oh what a lovely time we had in hawaii-paradise! i missed my babies terribly, but we managed to have lots of fun nonetheless. we saw many beautiful places and we loved it all. we ate delicious food(except for senor frog's, not so good). thanks to the westbrook's guide to oahu, we had a blast checking out all the fun things to do there and all the wonderful things to eat. mahalo ben & lynn!

faavorite foods:(in no particular order)

puka dog-yummy! love that mango salsa and lilikoi mustard

keneke's pork sandwich-the kalua pork was sooooo good

macadamia nut pancakes @ boot's & kimo's-to die for(mason wanted to lick his plate)

giovanni's shrimp truck-the shrimp of course was so tasty and we tried the sausage too, also yummy

the luau buffet @ pcc-awesome! everything was grand(darcy was right about those taro rolls, yum yum!)

the food co.-shared the breakfast special(paki's bowl) oh sooo good(i think a little too heavy for mason-what a wimp.)
and we had lots of other yummy treats and foods that are too many to mention.
as for sights and sounds, we enjoyed the following:
snorkeling at three tables
swimming/snorkeling at waimea bay
swimming at lani kai beach-breathtaking!
walking all over waikiki and just taking in everything there is to see. people are fun to watch.
we drove almost all the way around the island-and it was amazing! we stopped at different beaches to take pics. and just to stare in awe.
we visited one of mason's friends from his mission. he lives in waimanalo-gorgeous place. thanks to cory & heather for dinner and a fun time at the water park!
all in all, we had a glorious time(i'm running out of good adjectives to use) and a huge thank you to nia & carrie for taking good care of our babies. and thanks to everyone who was so generous and kind in letting the kids come over and play. mahalo everyone!!!
stay tuned for pics. of our trip...

10 comments:

ME ;) said...

How fun!! It must be vacation time in our family- you guys in Hawaii, My mom in Texas to see the kids, Tiare and David in Puerto Rico... I think it should be my turn! So who wants to watch my kids?! Ha ha. Can't wait to see pics hope you packed ur "beeneekee" ( in auntie Tasi's words) Luv you guys.

johanna said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your trip the other night. It looks like you had a marvelous trip. We are glad you are back!

Christine said...

I'm glad you had a great time, you both deserve it!

Jayme said...

I am so glad you had a great vacation!

Ryan Amber and Family said...

Fun Fun in the sun

Sounds so great!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Erica} said...

Hey Melina,
I met you at a birthday party for Johanna and kenny's little boy. Anyway, I had asked your sister for her number so I could set her up on a blind date when she got back to utah and she had mentioned she'd be back to utah in august. If she's still game my cousin would love to meet her on a blind date...:) just let me know

glad you liked hawaii...your review of it totally made me homesick for Hawaii!

Fong said...

Yay for pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

{Erica} said...

Melina
thanks for letting me know. I knew she'd find herself a man :) Fingers crossed it works out for them.

My husband is begging me to move to Hawaii and he's never even been there :)

Lynn said...

Can't wait to see some pictures. And glad you got our info in time! Senor Frogs was NOT on the Westbrooks Guide to Oahu - just for the record. :)