Monday, May 12, 2008

mother dear i love you so...

mother's day turned out to be fun. i did have to do sharing time in primary, but it was fun. i really only wanted two things for mother's day. i wanted to eat crab and i wanted my bedroom to be cleaned(it's difficult keeping my room clean when i share it with mason, aka makes lots of piles) in any case, i was spoiled and got both-and then some. sila made me some beautiful cards with her name and handprints and footprints, and she did it all on her own-she told me she did it when the sun went down and everyone was sleeping(that would explain the numerous red marks on her hands and arms i saw in the morning and weren't there when we went to sleep the night before.) mese also wrote me a lovely letter wishing me a grate mudrs day(kindergartner speller). and he also wrote me lettler from nani-too cute. they gave me some delicious german chocolate and lots of gum. my sisters and dad came over for dinner and we had a scrumptious feast of coconut shrimp, tri-tip roast, green salad, fresh mango, strawberry,and pineapple salad and of course my crab-YUMMY! oh and baked plantains which i love so much. and for dessert, island sorbets from costco-yes i'd say mother's day was pretty darn good. i also got lots of yummy chocolate from my sisters and a mini muffin tin which i tried out today. i hope all the wondeful mothers i know had a fantastic mother's day-you certainly deserve it!

1 comment:

The Expatts said...

I feel your pain about piles in the bedroom, Melina, I should've tried asking for a clean room too! Maybe the pile thing runs in the genes of the male Pattersons...