Sunday, February 3, 2008

sunday, sunday

i keep thinking that sundays would get better for me-sometimes it does and other times not so much. the weekend comes around and i just feel overwhelmed(i hate that word) with everything i think needs to happen in primary but i need to change my way of thinking-do the most important stuff first, and whatever else happens will happen. for example, it was my turn to do sharing time today and i had the kids attention as i was telling stories from the scriptures-that was until it was time to sing-of course sila wanted to help hold the pictures at which point i said ok.(i knew better of course) i gently reminded her that she could only hold the picture of the heart if she could stand quietly and not dance around-her response was yes. so long story short, i was teaching a new song to the children while sila was giving high fives to the sunbeams in the front row getting them all fired up and not even the least bit interested in the song-just my energetic and quite entertaining 3(almost 4) yr. old daughter. i immediately took the picture from sila and said i was sorry but she didn't do what i asked her to do and so now she needed to go and sit down. she cried and she cried and her teacher came over to comfort her while i just spoke louder, trying to hide the frustration in my voice-but i think it was pretty obvious-i'll try again next week. it's got to get better, right? but on a brighter note, i can say that heavenly father is merciful and still allows me to have tender moments-even on sundays where i can feel the spirit-i just have to listen.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Daisy said that she had a great time in Primary :) Silla is so cute...she is Daisy's "favorite cousin". I am glad they put you in Primary. You are so good with the children. me on the other hand, would have left the room in tears. ;)

Christine said...

Melina I'm sure you are doing a great job! And good for you for sticking to your guns, it's hard, but you gotta do it or things unravel fast, right? Primary is fun, and very challenging. But I'm sure you are doing really really well in it, because you do great in everything you do! That Sila girl, she's a spit-fire :) She'll continue to be a great girl and someday a great woman and you'll be so proud of her.

Lynn said...

I think we are living parallel existances with our girls.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Mason's sunday school lessons and your primary lesson while we were home. You guys really are so talented. I'll stop commenting on your blog now, you're probably sorry I found it.

Come visit us in Hawaii if you get a chance before we're gone.