Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 years

no title. no date. a poem from mason.

She was the most beautiful thing I had layed my eyes on
Her hair was long and dark like in my dreams
The best my 14 year old heart had ever seen
So I was convinced that she was what I wanted
Because her heart was pure and full of love
And
so I tried with all my might to have her
But never could
I was convinced she was sent from somewhere above

But you can't force someone to love you
You can't make them understand

You can hope and pray that they feel the same
And one day you will walk and hold their hand

As the time passed my love just grew
Till the time had come to ask her out
So I went and picked a rose from my garden
Got into my friend's car and drove to her house
I was so
afraid I could not think
To me this was just like a fairy tale
And all my confidence began to leave me
She was my princess and I was just a frog about to fail

Well the story hasn't changed much from the beginning
She is now a woman and I'm a man
So I sit silently around and I still wish she
Wanted me to hold her hand
But it is plain that love may never be between us
I wish with all my heart I was her man.



Mason's mom found this poem in the trashcan. She can't remember when but she took it out, read it, and thought she ought to save it. She gave it to me sometime during our engagement(a very long 5 weeks)and I read it and cried, just as I'm doing now. I'm glad she kept it and I'm even more glad to say that yes, I suppose Mason couldn't make me understand or force me to love him. I did that on my own, it just took me a while...12 years I suppose. But I did and it's the best decision I've ever made. I am my best because Mason loves me. We've made this rich life together along with our beautiful children and so often I feel like Ammon(in the Book of Mormon), I can't say the smallest part which I feel. Next to my relationship with my Savior, Mason is my greatest blessing. Happy 10th Anniversary honey. I love you.

2 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

I'm crying...Happy Anniversary!

J'lene Fernandez Merrill said...

You saved the best for last. I'm glad his mom was inspired to save it. I would like to request you post some old school pictures of the two of you. Pretty please! :)