Friday, January 7, 2011

35 & thriving?

yes. thursday i celebrated my 35th birthday. it was a lovely day and i had many many many calls, texts, and shouts outs via facebook-thank you to all who wished me well on my birthday! i have to admit, when i really started to think about turning 35(i did this the day before my bday) i started to get anxious, then sad, then depressed. i know-i don't make any sense and so here is where i blame it on the pregancy...again. my sweet husband told me i'm just being silly and i have so much to look forward to this year(as i pluck out the gray hairs i see on my head that happen to stick out like a sore thumb). but, i've made a decision. i AM going to look ahead with optimism. i AM going to do some things differently, better. i AM going to breathe a little more and relax. yes, my husband(and i'm so positive that my children would agree)that i need to RELAX and let things happen. this is hard for me. so, i guess what i'm saying is, i want to THRIVE and live life like i have the best life. because in reality, my life is pretty darn good!:)i have much to be grateful for and for that, i should be glad for another birthday, right? i AM.

2 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your year!

Lynn said...

Of course 35 and thriving! (not with a question mark silly, look how beautiful you are)

So the sweet potato gnocchi that cruz and the rest of our family likes so much is from trader joes - frozen section. It is so good. I've made gnocchi before when I have old potatoes but no one seems to like it. This is the bomb though.