Wednesday, June 16, 2010

summer...oh how we love thee

or try to anyway. everyone who knows me, knows that i DO NOT like the sun-don't want it on me at any time. i know-i AM samoan and my people are from the sun,right? whatever, i don't like it. i'd much prefer the winter, spring, anything but hot,blazing, make me sweat sun. so, tomorrow starts our first of many beach trips and i have to say...i'm excited! not because i like the sun...oh no, because i like listening to the ocean waves as i sit in my chair under the umbrella sipping a diet coke and snacking on my mango. oh yes...it's summertime at the patterson house and we're loving it.

5 comments:

Christine said...

and a good book while Mason watches the kids, right?! Have fun!

{Erica} said...

you're so funny! i love the sun! And I love the beach with good friends. See you and your mango tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

You know, Ventura IS a beach city.

Lynn said...

Oh have I got a place for you...

bethy said...

Did I know you didn't like the sun? I love the sun! It is 115 degrees here but we're lovin' it. It is especially nice to have a pool. OK, I guess you're off the hook for visiting us in the summertime. But there are three other seasons ;) It is sunny during the rest of the year here too but not as hot.